Sunday, December 8, 2013

131208

Plan to cut back on asthma medication in an attempt to get some measure of health back.  In the recent training, I've been using medication daily to help my breathing compensate for a lack of recovery.  In 2011 I was able to go 3 months without meds, and then I started ignoring that and using the meds again so I could "train harder" more regularly.  Instead of pushing past what cortisol levels I have, then supplementing my lungs with corticosteroids, I'm going to try and get back to not using any medication again.  As such, I was a little tight in the lungs last night and this morning and couldn't go as hard during this training, but feel much better after it.

I plan to let my body improve without the aid of meds, instead of continually pushing past to see what I can do.  Mentally challenging, but good for me in the long-run.

16 min @80%: 2+400m in 16:30 - Felt very labored in my breathing during this set, 20 push ups were hard to breathe thru
400m run
20 pushups
50 double unders
15 wall balls 20# to 10ft
rest 6 min
16 min @80%: 4 Rounds
3 power snatches 145# in singles Replaced with Log Clean and Push Press @ same load for singles
1 rope climb 15' Our gym rope is more like 12'
row 400m
rest 6 min
16 min @80%: 2+400m in 16:12 - Breathing was a little better by this point, but I was more mentally comfortable with keeping my breathing rate down as well.
400m run
20 pushups
50 double unders
15 wall balls 20# to 10ft

No comments: