Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching Up - Sunday, Jul 22, 2012

Haven't updated in a couple weeks.  Spent last weekend in California watching the Finals of the CrossFit Games (games.crossfit.com).  Inspiring in both watching elite athletes compete and support each other, but also in being with 12,000 other spectators who must all CrossFit themselves.  I've never been close to a larger, healthier area of people in my life.  My hope is that the more our taxes go towards supporting the health care of others, that we all take care of ourselves as well as those 12,000 people do.

Here are some highlights of training the last two weeks and I'll get better at updating.

Squatting and depth drops from before the trip.  I have increased my 8 rep back squat x 40# in 2.5 months... very pleased.



This is beats any previous training session Power Clean x 15#.  Had 1.5x body weight to my shoulders but couldn't keep it.  The squats will keep climbing and so will this.


This is the second training session of the day... felt great at the start but the rest periods were not long enough to keep the effort up throughout the sets.


No comments: